Job Opportunities in a Faith Based Not for Profit Foundation
A Faith based not for profit Foundation working in education, is currently engaging dynamic, passionate, result oriented and self-motivated people to fill key positions in the organisation.
The Foundation is registered in Nigeria but seeks to expand its work to the African continent. This work includes giving scholarships, encouraging lifelong learning through trainings and reading initiatives and establishing libraries.
1. Chief Operating Officer
This individual will be responsible for managing internal operations of the Foundation. This individual will be primarily responsible for implementing core activities and overseeing all administrative and financial task associated with ensuring effective management of memberships and programmes.
• Report to and work closely with the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
• Develop and define the Organisation’s operational strategy
• Develop and define the Organisation’s marketing strategy
• Develop and build the Organisation’s funding base
• Provide financial oversight of business operations with a focus on delivering on financial goals and key business metrics;
• Manage the smooth functioning of the office support systems including negotiations with suppliers, vendors and other service providers in the most cost effective manner;
• Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial, human resources and administrative policies and procedures;
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Organisation
• Prepare regular reports on the performance of the entity
• Ensure that company complies with all tax and legal obligations.
• Overseeing any other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the Organisation.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sociology or any other related field.
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Developmental
Studies, or MBA will be an added advantage
• At least 5 years of experience of managerial experience in international business or development
• Evidence of strong fundraising and funds management skills
• Evidence of string networks in the Nigerian private, public and nonprofit sector
• Demonstrable knowledge and interest in literature and literacy
• Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
• Proven entrepreneurial ability and capacity to work with significant autonomy
• A high level of integrity and preparedness to keep stakeholders informed
• Strong indication of passion for Africa’s development and commitment to the developmental objective of the Organisation
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Strong analytical skills
• A team and bridge builder
The position and role is on full time employment and located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Remuneration: Attractive and dependent on experience.
Interested candidates should send their application and curriculum vitae to by clearly indicating the position they are applying for as the header. Deadline for submission of application is Friday, April 21, 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted